Power of Ayurveda and Apothecary Blended Treatments
India has always been known as a land of rich heritage. Our ancient scriptures have held the key to living a better and healthier life, waiting to be found. Ayurveda, a traditional Indian medicine form, has been known to be practiced in India since 4,000 BC. However, the benefits of Ayurveda have only been accepted widely in the last few decades. Today, most people are aware of the potential benefits that Ayurveda can offer. On the other hand, Apothecary – another ancient medicine form – is fairly unknown to many.
Apothecary can be simply understood as the art of blending naturally available ingredients to create creams, potions and medicines that help people counter health or lifestyle related anomalies. While Ayurveda teaches us which plants and/or herbs can be used for our overall well being, apothecary teaches us how to effectively blend these ingredients to create a product that delivers the desired output.
Ayurveda and Apothecary
For years, these forgotten arts were hidden in ancient texts and practiced by a handful who were not allowed to grow due to the extensive advertisement driven marketing strategy, deployed by most companies selling chemical-laden products. However, as people started realizing the potential of nature’s gifts, Ayurveda and apothecary started evolving again. A few years back, when Arjoon Mehra and his mother sat back talking about the rich legacy of their family in ancient medicinal forms, they realized that apart from Ayurveda, people could reap the goodness of the wonderful art of Apothecary.
What followed was months of sleepless nights and research and consultation with experts leading to the birth of Green Berry Organics, a brand dedicated to creating products that blend Ayurveda and Apothecary with miraculous benefits.
Essential oils and Haircare
There is something about essential oils that soothes our mind, body and soul. While most people have started using these oils, not many are actually aware of the individual benefits they provide. Away from the Parabens and Sulphates of the modern world products, these oils created by distilling raw plant leaves, flowers and/ or stems, are packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Ayurveda and Apothecary art works its wonders on these oils and creates mixtures with intrinsic benefits to the body. Let’s look at the properties of some of these oils specific to hair care:
- Argan Oil – The strength of your hair lies in its follicles and Argan oil, being rich in natural phenols, strengthens the follicles. No wonder it is famously known as Liquid gold.
- Sesame Oil – Premature greying of hair concerns most youth today. Sesame Oil is rich in vital nutrients which treats premature greying, promotes hair growth and protects the hair from harmful UV rays.
- Almond Oil – Packed with Omega 3 fatty acids and magnesium, Almond oil treats damaged hair, nourishes and strengthens them.
- Olive Oil – Not much needs to be said about this oil of Gods. It is lightweight, emollient and has excellent nourishing and conditioning properties.
- Sea buckthorn Oil – This oil helps in reintegrating cell process and tackles premature hair loss being rich in Omega 3, 6, 7 & 9.
- Muru Muru Butter – A natural powerhouse of seven essential amino acids, Muru Muru Butter contains natural compounds which hydrate and moisturise hair called Saponins.
- Jojoba Oil – Apart from nourishing the hair, Jojoba oil is widely known for its moisturising properties without leaving any residue behind.
- Indian Gooseberry (Amla) Oil – Anyone who has read about hair care in Ayurveda would not be unaware of the amazing benefits of Amla or Indian Gooseberry. It has all the super nutrients and essential fatty acids to strengthen the hair follicles and nourish them.
- Fenugreek Seed Oil – Dandruff or an itchy scalp can be relieved with Fenugreek seed oil.
- Rosemary Oil – Known as the wonder oil for hair growth and treatment of dandruff and scalp allergies, Rosemary oil is a must in any hair care regimen.
- Spearmint Oil – Its natural cooling menthol effect tackles itchiness, dandruff and heals the scalp from any bacterial infections.
- Vitamin E Oil – One of the few oils that helps in repairing and building new scalp tissues. Vitamin E oil also encourages hair growth by reducing scalp inflammation.
The magic of Ayurveda + Apothecary in hair care
Imagine a hair care product that uses the art of apothecary and Ayurveda to blend all these oils together offering a comprehensive hair care package in a single product. Green Berry Organics’ 12 IN 1 HAIR TONIC OIL offers the benefits of these twelve essential oils to nourish, moisturize and condition your hair along with treating dry and damaged hair, dry scalp and premature graying.
It’s not merely about taking all the essential oils and mixing them together. Apothecary scriptures provide a comprehensive guide on how an optimum mix can be created by detailing proportions, process and precautions for maximum benefit.
In a nutshell…
If you talk to any Ayurvedic practitioner, he/she will highlight the importance of the process involved in using natural ingredients for a great mane. Green Berry Organics, by using a blend of Ayurveda and Apothecary, ensures that the knowledge of two traditional sciences are made available to people for better skin, body and hair care. Also, all ingredients used are 100% organic, safe and carry the globally acclaimed ECOCERT certification. The preservatives used are also 100% natural and botanical which are imported from Germany. All the ingredients used are certified by the Natural Products Association (NPA), USA – the first and only natural products certification in the USA followed by manufacturers around the world. Green Berry Organics also brings 100% transparency with the consumers and includes a complete list of ingredients used, which is not a common practice in India.
In the olden days, people had deciphered nature’s secrets to a better and healthier life. However, chemicals ruined it. For healthier and better-looking hair – Ayurveda and apothecary is the way to go.